Welcome to BALT
35 years of BALT, 25 years of MAGIC
Léopold Plowiecki, founded BALT Extrusion in January 1977. BALT was originally specialized in the extrusion of microtubes and in the manufacture of intracerebral microcatheters.
BALT has been continuously dedicated to INNOVATION with a highly talented team committed to constant improvements on the existing range of products and to the creation of precursory devices such as microguidewires and intracerebral stents.
Among its products, BALT counts today:
• MAGIC, the FIRST flow-dependant microcatheter, which was created 25 years ago and which is still one of the leading devices in the treatment of arterio-venous malformations,
• LEO+, the FIRST self-expanding braided repositionable stent for intracranial aneurysms,
• SONIC, the FIRST detachable-tip microcatheter,
• SILK+, the FIRST braided intracranial device used for flow diverting effects,
• FARGO, the FIRST range of guiding catheters for distal access,
• HYBRID, the best-seller guidewire.
BALT distributes in more than 90 countries in the world and keeps a close contact with its customers to pick up feedbacks and suggestions that can be integrated in the development process.
BALT constantly focuses on the development of technologies and materials applied to medical devices (micro mechanics, metallurgy and chemistry). This strategy has enabled BALT to stay on the leading edge of innovation for many years, maintaining its financial as well as its technical independence.
25 years of MAGIC
This year, BALT celebrates the micro catheter MAGIC's 25th year anniversary. First flow-dependant micro catheter ever created, the MAGIC is indicated in the treatment of brain arterio-venous malformations embolized with glue.